8 YouTube professional tips for higher searches and extra privateness
Right here’s a YouTube trick I stumbled upon and now use on a regular basis: While you’re attempting to be taught to do one thing and getting misplaced within the steps, open the video’s transcript.
Press the three dots or the extra possibility beneath the video’s title, then select Transcript from the dropdown menu. You may copy it, put it aside, and print it. That was straightforward, huh? Simply watch out about downloading the video. Faucet or click on for an inventory of the way chances are you’ll be breaking the regulation on-line with out understanding it.
Little pro-tips like these make life simpler and your devices extra helpful. Faucet or click on for 5 extra helpful tips you’ll want somebody taught you sooner.
Earlier than you fall right into a YouTube rabbit gap, take a look at the following tips for hiding what you search for and discovering what you need. Talking of, be certain you subscribe to my channel at YouTube.com/KimKomando.
1. Watch stay occasions
Many live shows and occasions are broadcast stay on YouTube. You may watch them in real-time together with a world viewers. There are a few methods to do that:
- Merely sort the phrase “stay” after your search phrase.
- You too can browse upcoming and present livestream occasions. Go to youtube.com in your pc and choose Dwell from the left column.
- Open the YouTube app, faucet Discover, then faucet Dwell on a smartphone.
Sluggish Wi-Fi makes watching movies a drag. Faucet or click on for a easy swap that would enhance your speeds.
2. Maintain your search historical past clear
Incognito mode enables you to browse freely with out worrying about your search and watch historical past reflecting it. Be aware: This doesn’t conceal your search historical past from YouTube and its father or mother firm, Google.
To allow this, faucet your profile image or icon and choose Activate Incognito. Do the identical to show it off.
Incognito mode doesn’t cease your ISP or search engine supplier from understanding what you’re trying up, however it may possibly come in useful in different methods. Faucet or click on for six sensible causes to make use of Incognito mode.
3. Slim your search
YouTube boasts greater than 2 billion month-to-month customers, with greater than 500 hours of content material posted each minute. Discovering what you need is usually a matter of narrowing your search down by the date a video was posted.
Sort within the search time period(s) to your video, adopted by this week or this month. You too can use YouTube’s filters to slim issues down:
- Go to youtube.com in your pc and do your search.
- As soon as the outcomes load, click on on the Filters’ dropdown field and choose an add date, starting from the Final hour to This yr.
- On cellular, faucet the three-dots icon, then faucet Search filters.
4. Discover the true music video, not simply the parodies
YouTube is the second-largest search web site globally, surpassed solely by Google. Folks from everywhere in the world put up parodies, fan movies, and reactions to the most well-liked subjects.
Woman Gaga is likely one of the largest names on the market, so while you seek for a monitor from a singer of her stature, you will have to weed out the fan-made content material. You are able to do this by typing the tune title, including a comma and placing the phrase “associate.” For instance, do this search: “poker face, associate.”
Need extra good suggestions like this straight to your inbox? Attempt my Tech Suggestions and How-tos publication. It’s free!
5. Share at simply the best spot
While you need to share an extended video at a particular level, do this.
- In your pc, discover the video you need and scroll to the time you need to share.
- Proper-click and choose Copy video URL at present time.
- You too can click on the Share button and test the Begin at field. Enter the time you need, then click on Copy.
You are able to do this in your cellphone, too — although it’s extra of a ache.
- Scroll to the time you need to share and pause the video. Faucet Share > Copy hyperlink. Paste the hyperlink the place you’d like and add this to the URL: ?t=00m00s. The zeroes signify the minutes and seconds, so modify them as wanted. For URLs that have already got a query mark, add an ampersand like this: &t=00m00s.
Talking of sharing, there are some recordsdata too large to electronic mail. Attempt these strategies as an alternative.
6. Make a playlist of songs
Make a playlist of your favourite songs through the use of the search phrase playlist. We’ll stick with the identical instance. Sort in “Woman Gaga playlist” and your outcomes will embrace fan-made compilations that bundle songs collectively into one lengthy add. You’ll additionally get an official playlist labeled YouTube Combine.
You may create a customized playlist of exactly what you need, too.
Right here’s how you can do it out of your pc:
- Discover a video you need to add to a playlist. Click on Save.
- Choose a playlist resembling Watch Later or a playlist you’ve already created, or click on Create new playlist. Click on Create.
To create a playlist on cellular:
- Discover a video you need to add to a playlist.
- Faucet Save beneath the video to robotically put it aside to the final playlist or your Watch Later playlist.
- To alter the place your video is saved, faucet Change on the pop-up. Choose from the checklist of your playlists.
Favor listening to music on Spotify? These tips will flip you right into a Spotify skilled very quickly.
7. Discover a film to look at
You may watch feature-length motion pictures on YouTube, however looking for the film title identical to anything on the platform is probably not sufficient.
It’s fairly easy. Simply sort the phrase film in your search question. Attempt “A Star is Born film.” You’re going to get the choice to purchase or hire a film if it’s not obtainable without spending a dime.
Attempt certainly one of these 13 websites to look at motion pictures without spending a dime when you strike out on YouTube.
8. Extra fast search suggestions
Lastly, listed below are just a few less difficult methods to refine your searches.
- Use the + or – keys to incorporate or pass over key phrases in your search outcomes.
- Use citation marks to seek out the precise phrase you’re in search of.
- Add the phrase “lengthy” to your search to seek out movies longer than 20 minutes. Use “brief” to seek out movies lower than 4 minutes lengthy.
Bonus Tip: Darkish Net 101: What’s there and why the federal government cannot shut it down
Wade by the waters of the Darkish Net, and you will find medicine, assassins, and all types of disturbing imagery. Nevertheless it’s additionally a haven for privateness advocates. On this episode, I communicate with ASU professor Victor Benjamin, who reveals simply why it is so onerous to control — and why of us of all backgrounds cannot cease coming again.
Try my podcast “Kim Komando Explains” on Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast participant.
Hearken to the podcast right here or wherever you get your podcasts. Simply seek for my final title, “Komando.”
What digital life-style questions do you will have? Name Kim’s nationwide radio present and faucet or click on right here to seek out it in your native radio station. You may hearken to or watch The Kim Komando Present in your cellphone, pill, tv, or pc. Or faucet or click on right here for Kim’s free podcasts.
Copyright 2022, WestStar Multimedia Leisure. All rights reserved. By clicking the purchasing hyperlinks, you’re supporting my analysis. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a small fee from qualifying purchases. I solely suggest merchandise I consider in.
Find out about all the most recent know-how on The Kim Komando Present, the nation’s largest weekend radio speak present. Kim takes calls and dispenses recommendation on in the present day’s digital life-style, from smartphones and tablets to on-line privateness and knowledge hacks. For her every day suggestions, free newsletters, and extra, go to her web site at Komando.com.